ICBC implementing No-Fault Insurance Coming Spring 2021. What is Enhanced Care and how much can you expect to get in Refunds? Estimate your renewal premium with ICBC's new Calculator!
ICBC is changing to help make life more affordable in B.C. The B.C. government and ICBC are creating a new way of doing auto insurance, coming May 2021. Premiums have been adjusted to reflect savings on optional coverages effective February 1, 2021. Click on the link below to find our more. Estimate your savings!
Important changes to note when renewing your ICBC insurance.
You have to list anyone that will be driving your car when you renew your insurance.
As of Sep 1 2019, ICBC has introduced a new driver-based model that will represent a driver’s risk on the road. All drivers listed under one vehicle will have a combined score using each drivers Individual Rating Factor and will be rated as a collective risk for that vehicle.
75 per cent of a basic insurance premium is determined by the principal driver while the other 25 per cent is based on the driver with the highest level of risk.
This new rating model will target drivers that are a risk to the roads, rather than the vehicle.
Items to prepare before coming in to our office to renew your ICBC policy:
1) Check if your vehicle is equipped with Autonomous Emergency Braking. This feature will qualify you for a discount.
2) If you potentially drive less than 5000 km a year, take a picture of your odometer reading. Driving the vehicle less than 5000 km a year will also give you a potential discount on your renewal.
3) Prepare a list of all drivers of your vehicle. Get their dates of birth and drivers licence numbers as it is important to list all potential drivers of your vehicle.
4) Give yourself time to get the renewal processed. There will be questions pertaining to the new rules, and we want to ensure you have a clear understanding of these changes, so please give yourself extra time when you visit us so we may be able to answer all your questions.